Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway

The Old Man and the SeaThe Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Like it, love it, live it. Learn from this book, and don't bitch about how dry Hemingway's writing is. There's an ass load of life lessons to learn from the Old Man.

View all my reviews
Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.
“Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with that there is”
“I may not be as stong as I think, but I know many tricks and I have resolution.”
“Why do old men wake so early? Is it to have one longer day?”
“It's silly not to hope. It's a sin he thought.”
“Do not think about sin, he thought. There are enough problems now without sin. Also I have no understanding of it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...