Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The War of the WorldsThe War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think H.G. Wells was brilliant, and he was giving us this!
 photo tumblr_lv4qa0t2VM1r471mpo1_500.gif

He certainly was a writer that thought and wrote light-years ahead of his own time. The strangeness was that this is set in 1894. Two coincidences arise to mind. 1. Switch the 8 & 9.(We all know if you're a George Orwell reader, and you get it.)
2. The vast differences in tech between the 90 years.
Stop and let that sink in.
Funny photo funny-6.gif


The particular edition that I read was also illustrated by Tom Kidd; which brought the story to life for me. This enriched the story all the more.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...