Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury

The Martian ChroniclesThe Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I read this book in my freshman year of high school, and I just didn't get it. So I picked it up again saying to myself okay there has to be something that I was missing when I was a teen.
 photo tumblr_lp6f4kaAWh1qh9ymf_zps80d8f66a.gif
My response...
What is it with this book? People fawn over this book, and I'm just not seeing it. Nine layers of Hell in Dante's Inferno wasn't this damn weird! Really, Ray Bradbury I'm not liking your Martian chronicles.
I'm seriously having a hissy fit over the chapter about Ylla!
 photo pongoangry.gif

Then to top it off to read that the vast majority of the Martians are under mass hypnosis.
 photo tumblr_l7892iWifV1qav6f6.gif

I was very upset by the third expedition.

Finishing up in The Silent Village and I'm in a fit of tears and rage.
 photo op906t_zps78b305b4.gif

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...