Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

Wuthering HeightsWuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Oh gods why didn't I read the synopsis of this book before I started it? I honestly thought 1001 Books to Read Before I Die list, bring it on.
 photo funyjimcarryscary160x131.gif

Outright my thoughts on this book is that it is screwed up, and it makes me uncontrollably angry. Nice descriptions and settings, but overall the plot is horrible. Though this is construed as a romance; it's more of a telling of how one man was to take revenge on the family that took him in. It truly is a wonder to me how many modern books idolize this book, when it should be a warning that relationships like this are doomed to fail. That any young woman prefers this to Jane Austin should also consider getting therapy because she could be showing symptoms of being a victim.

Heathcliff is a devil, and he even says that he's a villain. Though that doesn't stop Linton's sister from marrying him. She learns fairly quickly though. Most of the book confused me by being told through, Ellen, the maid's point of view. Then being shifted to Hareton's point of view and then back to Ellen's.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...