Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

"You Naughty Bard" by Samantha Tolleson

 “You Naughty Bard”

 

Why couldn’t it be

So clever with that elegant tongue

Or shall I wait to two and forty?

A song that hasn’t been sung.

 

Reaching into the letters of the ages.

Sad past reflections whispering of their time.

Oh, how I want you, not between the pages.

Standing before me; tall, strong of mind.

 

Take the reigns and row the oars

I’ll chart an adventure

Perhaps walking on chilly sandy shores,

The paths - hidden, never clear

 

Your blank verse and love of puns and metaphor,

Rocks and shakes me, wanting more.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...