Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Monday, December 30, 2013

Black Bird, Vol. 5 (Black Bird, #5)Black Bird, Vol. 5 by Kanoko Sakurakouji
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It seems that the Tengu clan are getting impatient with the sluggish progression of the main characters. I myself though am happy that there hasn't been any progression. Most manga falls prey to this personal moral breach.
Anyhow it's the Christmas volume, and there is a bit of slapstick that is starting to make me warm to the supporting characters. I do like Sakurakouji's style; though I would like if she worked on her backgrounds and soft filler panels. Something about shojo filler panels just grinds my gears indefinitely. I know that they use them to build the anticipation of the romance, but there has to be a point where some of them are cut out.
Okay the mini-rant is over; carry on!
Fly Pretties Fly!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...