Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1)The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

 photo tumblr_m6k3iwRtym1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

This book was such a strong and thought provocative story. Kvothe is an excellent character that suffers greatly from his creator. What a damn tragic life he leads, it's no wonder that he's hiding out as an innkeeper! Rothfuss isn't shy of torturing his characters. The author broke down human emotion and behavior down to a visceral level that shocked me in some parts of the book.

Bast was an interesting character that I'm looking forward to reading about, and really hope that he will be as great as his mentor. For some reason when I picture him in my head I think of this guy...
David Krumholtz photo: Charlie Eppes 2113151.jpg
What I don't think I was expecting, was that the book was of a double story. The 'how I got to where I am,' type of story. It wasn't strictly a narrative, and that threw me. Excellent grammar by the way. Huge plus for my preferences.Huzzah for grammar!

By the end of the book, and the sudden cut off I was in this state...
crying gif photo: Fluttershy crying 324511837621942235758848.gif
and then escalated to this state...
crying gif photo: Pinkie Pie Crying pinkiecrying.gif
and went on like this for the rest of the night...
crying gif photo: Samwise Gamgee tumblr_lakkxoT09E1qe4tx4o1_400.gif


Check out more reviews on my page. Until then...
Cheers Pretties!

View all my reviews
“It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.” ― Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.” ― Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...