Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Oliver TwistOliver Twist by Charles Dickens
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So this is the only version I've ever been exposed to until reading this book...
Oliver Twist gif photo: Oliver barking oliver.gif

It was something completely different.
Monty Python gif photo: Monty Python thmp2.png


Also this book is the reason I say that Charles Dickens was an a$$hole!
The way Mr. Bumble ridicules and humiliates Oliver is completely unforgivable.
Then to be sent to the undertaker as an apprentice was completely unexpected, and I didn't expect it to end well. Found that I was right on that aspect. >_<

Noah and Charlotte remind me of these two...
 photo buttercup_zpsaveh2v4h.jpg

And Nancy. Oh poor poor Nancy! I tell you that I just might have gone into the fabled vapors because of her. So. So angry that I'm frothing at the mouth, and spitting nails that I'm so pissed off at her fate.
Someone please...
Hotter Than Hell Review photo 1235385_541056162641900_1850826392_n_zps6e20a41d.jpg

Mostly this book took a round robin type of plot that Dickens so loved to use, flowered with out of place musings that were put quite eloquently. This book though really painted Jew, Fagine, in a less favorable light, and I was so invested that Fu(k3r got what was coming to him; that I did not sleep until I had finished out the entire book. Then my reaction....
 photo 16510240_zpshapmteos.gif

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...