Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Monday, June 26, 2017

Dying Bites (The Bloodhound Files, #1) by D.D. Barant

Dying Bites (The Bloodhound Files, #1)Dying Bites by D.D. Barant
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read a lot of bashing reviews on this one, and I really don't see the reasons. There are many historical facts that are all askew, yes; but this is written in a first person point view. Can we honestly ask our protagonist to be a walking encyclopedia? No, we can't. In fact Jace says herself that she doesn't know the answer; so she's just going to bullshit her way through and see how it turns out.
The action was really great, and I liked the absurdity of the settings. As ridiculous as the explanation of the paranormal factors it was well worth the aggravation that it took to get into this plot.
I really liked the supporting characters, and I could see growth in our protagonist by the end of the book.
So to me this was a 4 star book. That's all for now.
Cheers Pretties!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...