Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The Devil You Know (Felix Castor, #1) by Mike Carey

The Devil You Know (Felix Castor, #1)The Devil You Know by Mike Carey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


GIFSoup

This book is starting out at a kid's birthday party in order for the main character Felix Castor to catch/exorcise a ghost. I'm so confused that I'm having to consult my www.dictionary.com and www.urbandictionary.com ; just to be able to get the heavily used British slang. I'm freaking out man...


GIFSoup

My gods what have I gotten myself into with this series?!
Crazy crazy scheme to the plot. There really isn't much action meat to the book until much later, though there is a lot of theories about ghosts and spirits. I was actually surprised by the appearance of a demon. Certainly wasn't expecting that. A full star for that alone.
Mr. Carey seems fairly well practiced in referencing a lot of British culture. I have to admit while it's great for educating readers, it's also frustrating.

In the words of Gurgee, 'my poor tender head.'

GIFSoup



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...