Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Saturday, December 8, 2018

The Constitution of the United States of AmericaThe Constitution of the United States of America by Founding Fathers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Dear patriots,

I first read this in elementary school and didn't grasp it's importance to everything we recognize as America. Then again in high school, to put it mildly, I had a terrible teacher. He was a baseball coach and thought that the perfect teaching style was to tell all students to shut up, sit down, ask no questions, and give the students a packet of worksheets to be turned in at the end of the week. *(All the while student aids graded the packets. He did no teaching, just collected a check!)
I paid attention when I entered college for the second time while taking PSC100 & HY102. My professors made the classes interesting, and I realized that there was a strong passion from our Founding Fathers. Especially James Madison, and the story of the Constitutional Convention itself.
If you are deciding to pursue a degree or minor in Political Science, get to know the U.S. Constitution down to the letter. I would also recommend that you hunt down the Federalist Papers and the collected anti-Federalist papers which are arguments for and against the ratification of the Constitution. I also believe that the best amendments were 1st, 13th, & 19th; though like the some of the Supreme Court justices,  Iagree that it is a living document, yet argue it would be possible to now update to where the 3/5 compromise permanently excluded, with a proper amendment or better yet just drop the subject altogether...
Lots of love pretties,
shizuku


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...