Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Saturday, December 8, 2018

PersuasionPersuasion by Jane Austen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

To all you classic pretties,

To me, I enjoyed this. It wasn't as humorous as Pride and Prejudice, but I found it more mature and romantic. Though there were many moments that I just wanted to shake Anne.
just stop photo tumblr_mdprk3bfi71qkfows.gif

I had my husband look up how much 25,000 pounds would be equivalent to today's economy; closest he could come up with would be around 1.3 million. That, my pretties, blew my fu#%&ng mind! This country girl could live for a lifetime and longer. Was I speaking about myself or Anne, who knows?

This really focused on the Navel aspect of Britannia, my dad and grandfather were Navy men as well, and I identified with some of the language from the characters little conversation.
There was also a wonderful absence of the clergy and supporting details in this book, which now reflecting on it more seems out of character in Austin's writings. It seems that Persuasion had a lot of room to have been fleshed out, but sadly Austin passed away while writing. Crying Gif photo sadgif.gif

Who knew that she would still be breaking hearts 200 years later? I am now officially done with Jane Austin, unless college makes me read it again.(Finally, getting to go back to school. HOO-Ray! I wonder if 8 years of self-education will be able make it easier to take on that English and History major?) There have been lots of laughs and many tears, but I will never regret the day I first read her works, because I wanted to. Goodbye Jane.
Lots of love,
shizuku


View all my reviews
“You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope...I have loved none but you.”
“My idea of good company...is the company of clever, well-informed people, who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company.' 'You are mistaken,' said he gently, 'that is not good company, that is the best.”
“I walk: I prefer walking.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...