Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Walden Review


Walden by Henry David Thoreau

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

2015- Leonard Nemoy died on my fucking birthday! I'm reading Walden: 
JUST PISS ON 2016! David Bowie, Alan Rickman, and now Carrie Fisher! Just go to hell 2016!
2018- My grandmother died; she was an Alzheimer's patient.
2019-Assigned reading for EH201 and the teacher didn't know what hit her. 
2020- Carona Virus & George Floyd Riots. It's finally time for me to permanently move this away from my currently reading list but I also can't tell you how many times I have read this or the dates that I finished this. I will just open to a passage and read for however long I need. 
This is one of my go-to books when I fall into a horrible fit of depression. Try it out, it might help you; however, everyone is different so you might need to keep looking if it doesn't work.
T.S. Eliot, Dante, and Ralph W. Emerson also are other go-to's for me. 
“I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...