Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Friday, August 1, 2014

Demon Apostle (Demon Wars Saga #3) Review

The Demon Apostle (Corona: The DemonWars Saga, #3)The Demon Apostle by R.A. Salvatore
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I flew through the first part before I had realized that I hadn't added it on Goodreads. BOOOOO! Shame on me!
Really though this saga has been awesome! I am so glad that I've finally picked up Salvatore's work.
I really like the intrigue of the Barron's death leaves. I'm reminded of the example of a power vacuum.

Salvatore is also the first writer I've come across that doesn't portray centaurs as stuck up snobs. Loving this factor. Bradwarden is one of my favorite characters and his(view spoiler) Which was certainly traumatic to me.
Roger's plot line in this book has grown and matured; to where he is using his wits for seeing what the Father Abbot is up to. He also makes another favorite character.
The role of the church in this saga is spot on in the importance of, in my opinion; why the church does not rule the land. I see that Salvatore did must have put a lot of research time into the Spanish Inquisition. The writer has really impressed me with this factor alone. Love It!
Tear fest gall-or by the ending because Salvatore isn't honestly writing for the readers; he's writing a sob fest for himself. Damn you damn you! I can't believe this ending. Hopefully I'll be able to find the next book at my local library.
Until then...
Fly My Pretties! Fly! Fly!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...