Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Friday, August 1, 2014

In the Belly of the Bloodhound: Being an Account of a Particularly Peculiar Adventure in the Life of Jacky Faber Review

In the Belly of the Bloodhound: Being an Account of a Particularly Peculiar Adventure in the Life of Jacky Faber (Bloody Jack, #4)In the Belly of the Bloodhound: Being an Account of a Particularly Peculiar Adventure in the Life of Jacky Faber by L.A. Meyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Yay I found it. I never thought I would. So far 15 pages in, and Jacky has made her way back to Boston. I'm so excited.

Photobucket

And yes that is what I thought when I began this book, and was unprepared for its content. Honestly this was a very traumatic book. I don't even want to sound racist on a bad day, but do African Americans even know of the brutality that their ancestors went through? Effing shame on you if you don't!
I somewhat knew, but never had the actual parameters and sizes that this fiction went into. If you haven't guessed what I'm talking about yet I'll spell it out for you. A good portion of this book is about Slave Ships in the 1800's. A group of 32 girls from a finishing school are abducted on course for North African Slave Market. As the series goes along with following Jacky Faber through some crazy adventures. In this installment of the Bloody Jack series it really does throw down to the brass tacks of human cruelty when I thought it couldn't get any crueler than it had been. And honestly I wept. If you really want a revolution read this series, give it to your friends, your neighbors, your family, and then your local library. Look how far our society has really come, and quit pushing the effing limits. I would like to remind of what a K.I.S.S. means. KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!

Photobucket

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...