Wicked Shizuku's Reviews

Thursday, January 7, 2021

"My Love for Janice Dean" by Samantha Tolleson

“My Love for Janice Dean” by Samantha Tolleson 

    She's the lady I can always trust to get the weather from while I read my paper, drink my coffee, and down my daily dose. She’s on the days that I feel so crummy and my bones creak. I look up and there she is smiling so bright. Day after day she visited people on New York City street outside until Covid-19 locked her up and even then, she still has a smile on her face just trucking along and singing her weather songs. Like on those USO shows when I was no taller than a bean pole. I know that I can trust that Janice Dean's pearly smile will always shine through on any day she's on with the friends. She shows her concern and says her prayers for people right there, while she's on the air. I read her book because I liked the look of her with an umbrella skipping away from a puddle. Happy go lucky and always seems to have the perfect hair.  

    “Pretty gal looks so much like my Minnie,” I push a button, no need for the rest of the horseradish. How long has Minnie been gone now? I grab my walking stick and take my cup to the sink and sigh. My teeth are coming loose again; need to get the gunk for ‘em. I look out my tiny kitchen window and wish Minnie were still here. So many memories that we made in this house. I thought the husband was supposed to go first. I rinse the cup out and set it to the side. One cup, one fork, one plate and bowl, one knife, and only one spoon. No more laughter until that pretty gal joined the friends. I hope my angel has a pretty cloud to sit on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"A Ring a-Ding-Ding" by Samantha Tolleson

  “A Ring a-Ding-Ding”   Cheery jingling airs Hurried purchases made Reunions after another year Incoming after not a whisper Se...